COLOURED CONCRETE FOR PATTERN IMPRINTING
Artevia™ Print is an incredibly lifelike range
of textured pavements, stone and natural
- All concrete flat work and pavements
- Driveway and pathway
- Internal floors
- An integral through colour
- A long lasting and fade resistant inbuilt decorative solution
- Available from all Lafarge Readymix Gulf plants
- A range of proprietary mixes available for printing
- Highly accurate batching to ensure colour accuracy
- No risk of delamination of colour layer
- Less messy with no powder colours to throw on
- Less time critical – as soon as the concrete is level it is ready to release and print at the required time
- Through-coloured edge when shuttering is removed
- Less labour required
- Available in 10mm and 20mm aggregate size
- Standard colours with specials available
- Pro prietary mixes are designed at fixed water/cement
- Includes new micro-fibre technology and air entrainment to pratiorovide frost resistance
- Reduced cracking due to low surface bleed
Artevia™ mixes can be specified for use with almost any concrete and are suitable for most applications including domestic, structural and precast. These are all designed at optimum fines content, allowing for a more superior blend of coloured concrete.
Artevia™ is the name for superior coloured concrete, offering an aesthetic, durable, cost effective design solution. And because it’s from Lafarge Readymix Gulf, part of the Lafarge Group, the world leader in construction materials, you can be sure the quality and service you receive is of the highest standards. As well as support from our friendly sales department, our technical support team is always on hand to help.
“We strive to deliver an excellent customer experience through service, quality, accountability and value”
- Artevia™ concrete will behave in exactly the same way as conventional concrete.
- Ensure concrete is ordered at the correct slump, this is normally 80mm-120mm. Avoid water addition on site as this will have an impact on colour.
- Concrete is placed and levelled, then rolled with a roller bug and finished with a magnesium float.
- Placing and levelling should be done within one hour of delivery.
- When ready to print apply release agent (powder or liquid).
- The process is less labour intensive and less time consuming but consideration should be given to set time as usual.
- In hot, dry and windy conditions Lafarge Readymix Gulf can advice on a suitable curing agent which will reduce the shrinkage cracks in case such conditions prevail.
CLEANING & SEALING
- Curing is essential once concrete has been cast.
- The most effective way is to leave the concrete covered with release powder for at least 18-24 hours or if Lafarge liquid release has been used apply another coat after printing to help seal in the moisture.
- Once the concrete is sufficiently hard the surface can be washed and cleaned with Lafarge pre-seal wash to remove the release agent residue, and then jet washed ready to receive the sealer.
- Care should be taken not to “burn” the surface with the jet wash on immature concrete.
- Water based sealer can be applied 24 hours after hardening, and can even be applied onto a slightly damp concrete surface.